Are there alternative therapy options to combat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)? This is a question many parents have when managing ADHD in young adults. Medication helps many kids with ADHD, but research shows that meds work best when paired with alternative treatments like behavior therapy.
Flick Connection offers a multi-treatment approach to support to both adults and teenagers struggling with ADHD. Tommy combines cognitive behavioral therapy techniques during client sessions with practical mindfulness techniques that can be practiced at home to help manage stress and frustration. Learn more about Tommy’s clinical approach here.
Teenage difficulties will likely present themselves as:
- Difficulty making or maintaining friends
- Frequent temper and/or frustration
- Disorganized schoolwork
- Perceived inability to remain focused
- Overly reactive behavior
Adult difficulties will likely present themselves as:
- Disorganization in multiple facets of life
- Excessive clutter at home or in work environments
- Extreme difficulty in maintaining a regular schedule
- Consistently running late to appointments, work, etc.
Call Tommy to learn more about the forms of therapy used to manage ADHD symptoms such as impulsivity, inattention, distractibility, and disorganization.